Thursday, June 4, 2009

The call

My friend, Gwen, told me about this wonderful opportunity she had been given to visit friends in India. She asked me to 'think' about going with her. At the time I thought I had 2 years to come up with the money and prepare myself. However, His time is perfect. Because of Lance's graduation from college, his senior year to play baseball (we planned to attend to two games plus graduation), and Kevins' 50th birthday and my beautiful grandbabies' FIRST birthday, I had many objections as to why I could not attend. Like I said, His timing is perfect. He took care of the funds needed to attend - to abundance. How amazing. Not only did He provide but He provided to abunance. It was as if He was showing me.... 'this is nothing....it may be a problem from your perspective but for me it's a piece of cake." His people have been so obedient to His call to give that I have been humbled to the point of tears. Almost immediately after I surrendered, the funds started pouring in. So, of course, I surrendered to the invitation. I fear him more if I decline His obvious directive.
The task in India is going to be tourism - which will be exciting, scary and eye opening all rolled into one. But as a teacher I am interested in the school system and how it operates. I hope to be able to visit with teachers and their children.
This will be the first time I have been away from home for so long and I'm naturally fearful of that. Being among friends and staying active in my tasks will also help keep my mind off of missing my loved ones - and probably keep me too exhausted to ponder thoughts of home. This will be a 'first' in that I have never been in a foreign country much less a third world country. I must confess, I am fearful of the unknown.
Tomorrow is a big preparation day for me - packing... going to the bank.... checking and double checking my lists!

1 comment:

  1. May He be with you in your travels and keep you safe and well. You have been granted a special job that only you could make a reality. He knew from the begining that no one else could make as big a difference in these people's life as you can. On the begining of everyday and at the eve of everynight I will be saying my blessing to Him in your behalf. As he guides you and keeps you safe so you can return home to your loving family and many friends. Take this time he graciously gave to you to make a difference in a whole different world. You are a special lady and He is trusting in you to leave behind the art of reading.Missing you and not talking daily will be hard. Take care and know that we are all loving you and counting the days to your return. Be safe my friend!!!May he bless you!

    ReplyDelete