Friday, June 12, 2009

Ancient ruins







Today we took a tour of some ancient Indian ruins. The sultan and his wife and family is entombed here. It is marked as an historical site by the govt of India but we literally climbed all over the ruins. They are completely open to anyone at any time of day - no guards, no protection. This is completely foreign to us because historical sites in America as well as that which we just saw in London had guards, charged an entrance fee, were well taken care of etc. Not here. Maybe no money to protect it? I don't know. I just have to say it was truly amazing to think about how long ago the temple was built/ wonder who lived here? what did they do?http://www.pbase.com/sethlazar/image/75999353 Here is a picture of the mosque we visited today. I haven't downloaded my pics yet but I found this one online.

No comments:

Post a Comment